Coastal belt security will improve by Sept: CM
PANJIM: Against the backdrop of adverse advisory issued by the British government, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Wednesday assured that the situation in the coastal belt would improve by September, when the tourism season recommences.
The Chief Minister, talking to reporters, said ‘though it is a cause of concern, the facts mentioned in it are dependent on the situation prevailing last year (when his government was not in power).
“The situation will change by the beginning of the tourist season this September,” he said.
“The British High commission will not have to issue such advisory by September,” Parrikar claimed.
issued by foreign and commonwealth office of the British government, this week has asked its citizens visiting Goa, especially the beach belt, to be cautious.
“Travellers staying in hotels on the smaller roads in the Candolim-Calangute belt are advised to be particularly careful when walking to or from the main road as there have been reports of bag snatchings taking place on these stretches since the beginning of 2012,” the advisory reads.
It further goes on to describe the modus operandi saying, “The perpetrators approach on two-wheelers with headlights on full-beam to blind their victims, snatch the bags and speed off.” The advisory has made a mention about deaths due to drug overdose or alcohol consumption in the State.